Business retention and expansion is the driving force behind The Chamber. By working with community partners, The Chamber works to strengthen our business market through education, workforce development and the access to tools and resources that we know businesses need to succeed and grow.
You can’t beat the business and citizen-friendly taxes, strategic location to western markets, pro-business climate and high quality of life that the Reno/Sparks area offers to its businesses and citizens. We are home to thriving small businesses, plus major employers like Amazon, Microsoft Licensing, Intuit, Starbucks, IGT and many others.
Here are a few ways that The Chamber works hard for you to improve our business environment:
• The Chamber hosts dozens of events and meetings a year to bring business owners together with potential clients and community leaders.
• Chamber Signature events feature nationally-known speakers and experts and draw hundreds of attendees and participants.
• We advocate for pro-business, pro-economic freedom principles and represent our membership in front of city councils, county commissions, school boards, the state legislature, statewide office holders, and our Congressional representatives.
• Our members depend on a well-trained, educated work force. The Chamber is heavily involved with the Washoe County School District and we are proud proponents of education reform proposals in Carson City and Washington, DC. We have been on the forefront of school bond and other education-related initiatives.
• We work collaboratively with EDAWN and state-level economic development officials to ensure that our region remains a place where our current companies can continue to grow and expand and create jobs and where other businesses want to relocate to.
• Our members save thousands of dollars every year through our Office Depot discount program, health insurance agreements, and member-to-member benefits.
To read more about our economic climate through our partners: EDAWN