With over 1,100 graduates since 1985, Leadership Reno-Sparks has helped produce hundreds of managers, community leaders, business owners, and entrepreneurs. Participants are engaged in a 9-month program that focuses on communication, developmental organization, and community participation. Every year the Leadership Reno-Sparks class tackles a special community project that engages participants in a real-world exercise that also helps build our community.
Mission of Leadership Reno-Sparks:
To identify and develop current and future leaders through a comprehensive program designed to increase knowledge and awareness of the issues and challenges facing this community. Our VISION is to be a highly valued and respected program recognized for the quality and diversity of its members, who remain committed to improving our region through ongoing education, awareness, and involvement.
Benefits for Participants
Provides volunteer opportunities
Opportunity to visit “restricted” or difficult to access areas
Personal/professional growth through exposure to community’s issues and leaders
Establish long-standing business relationships with class members and alumni
Benefits for Employers
Gain access to key community, government and business leaders.
Exposure to community issues that impact your organization.
Networking and business development opportunities.
Leadership Reno+Sparks Program Overview and Application
The Reno + Sparks Leadership (LRS) Program seeks applicants who have:
• The commitment and that of his/her employer to attend all scheduled sessions; each session is held on the second Wednesday of each month from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, dates listed below: ~May 12th ~June 9th ~July 14th ~August 11th ~September 8th ~October 13th ~November 10th ~December 8th
• Each applicant must be a member of the Reno + Sparks Chamber of Commerce no later than April 14th, 2021; and • Each applicant must be at least 25 years of age on or before January 1st , 2021
Application and Selection Process:
• The completed APPLICATION and Supervisor's recommendation are used to determine selection; • The APPLICATION must be submitted online no later than 5:00 PM on April 15th, 2021; and • Each applicant will be notified of his/her acceptance no later than April 30th, 2021.
• Tuition for the LRS Program is $2,200.00 and includes the costs of the orientation, program materials for eight (8) workshops, lunches, snacks, the graduation event and graduation plaque. • Payment is due no later than May 1, 2021 by credit card or check made payable to: Reno + Sparks Chamber of Commerce. Please call 775.636.9550 to pay with a credit card.
• In order to successfully graduate from the LRS Program, each participant must complete all scheduled sessions; there is no make-up option; more than two (2) absences will prevent graduation from the program. • The last session and graduation ceremony will be conducted on December 8th, 2021.
Please click on the link below to access the online application. A supervisor's letter of support can be emailed to Ann Silver, email@example.com