With over 1,100 graduates since 1985, Leadership Reno-Sparks has helped produce hundreds of managers, community leaders, business owners, and entrepreneurs. Participants are engaged in a 9-month program that focuses on communication, developmental organization, and community participation. Every year the Leadership Reno-Sparks class tackles a special community project that engages participants in a real-world exercise that also helps build our community.
Mission of Leadership Reno-Sparks:
To identify and develop current and future leaders through a comprehensive program designed to increase knowledge and awareness of the issues and challenges facing this community. Our VISION is to be a highly valued and respected program recognized for the quality and diversity of its members, who remain committed to improving our region through ongoing education, awareness, and involvement.
Benefits for Participants
Provides volunteer opportunities
Opportunity to visit “restricted” or difficult to access areas
Personal/professional growth through exposure to community’s issues and leaders
Establish long-standing business relationships with class members and alumni
Benefits for Employers
Gain access to key community, government and business leaders.
Exposure to community issues that impact your organization.
Networking and business development opportunities.
Leadership Reno+Sparks Program Overview and Application
2020 Application: Leadership Program
Thank you for your interest in the Leadership Reno + Sparks Program scheduled to begin on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
For thirty three years, the Reno + Sparks Chamber of Commerce has provided local professionals with a comprehensive overview of the issues, opportunities, and challenges facing our community. Topics include but are not limited to: education, economic development, arts and culture, criminal justice, media and marketing, public safety, and infrastructure.
The Leadership Reno + Sparks (LRS) Program seeks applicants who have:
• The commitment and that of his/her employer to attend all scheduled sessions; each session is held on the second Wednesday of each month from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, dates listed below: ~January 8th ~February 12th ~March 11th ~April 8th ~May 13th ~June 10th ~July 8th ~August 12th ~September 9th
• Each applicant must be a member of the Reno + Sparks Chamber of Commerce no later than October 31, 2019; and • Each applicant must be at least 25 years of age on or before October 31, 2019
Application and Selection Process:
• The completed APPLICATION and Supervisor's recommendation are used to determine selection; • The APPLICATION must be submitted online no later than 8:00 AM on October 31, 2019; and • Each applicant will be notified of his/her acceptance no later than November 15, 2019.
• Tuition for the LRS Program is $2,100.00 and includes the costs of the orientation, dinner, program materials for nine (9) workshops, lunches, snacks, the graduation event and graduation plaque. • Payment is due no later than Friday, December 13, 2019 by credit card or check made payable to: Reno + Sparks Chamber of Commerce.
• In order to successfully graduate from the LRS Program, each participant must complete all scheduled sessions; there is no make-up option; more than two (2) absences will prevent graduation from the program. • The last session and graduation ceremony will be conducted on September 9, 2020.
Please click on the link below to access the online application. A supervisor's letter of support can be emailed to Ann Silver,