Last Updated: May 2023
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Reno+Sparks Chamber of Commerce Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Measures to support accessibility
Reno+Sparks Chamber of Commerce takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the website:
– Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
– Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
We made our best efforts to design and develop our website to be compatible with assistive technologies by focusing on:
- Screen reader compatibility – our website works well with different screen readers, allowing users to consume the content in audio form
- Browser compatibility – our website works and is supported by the latest popular web browsers (Chrome Browser, Mozilla Browser, Safari Browser) and others.
- Keyboard Navigation – all content on the website is accessible from the users keyboard. Tab key navigates forward, Shift + Tab navigates backward.
- Skip to Content – users can bypass repetitive elements at the top of the page by tabbing to the first “Skip to Main Content” link
- Accessibility Toolbar – users can customize any part of the website (increase/decrease font size, make the font more readable, increase the contrast, remove color from the website etc.)
- Images – we added a descriptive alternative text to all of the images we use which makes it easier for the screen reader to bring the image to life
- Links – we have provided descriptive link texts to all of our links so users can easily understand their purpose and where they lead
- Headings – we have used clear headings to communicate the content of the page
- Use of ARIA – we used Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) to make our Web content more accessible to people with a wide range of abilities.
- Enlarging Website Content – users can control the size of the content on our website either by using the accessibility toolbar or pressing the “Ctrl” and “+” keys (Control and Plus, or Command and Plus if the user uses macOS) to enlarge the website content and press “Ctrl” and “-” (Control and Minus) simultaneously to decreate the content size.
Reno+Sparks Chamber of Commerce Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technology:
- Screen Readers
Reno+Sparks Chamber of Commerce Website may not be compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
The Accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
- Elementor Plugins
- WordPress CMS
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Reno+Sparks Chamber of Commerce assessed the accessibility of the website by the following approaches:
- Lighthouse Analysis and Reports
If you would like to submit a complaint about a feature not working the way it should, feel free to contact us by email or a call.
We welcome and would like to hear your feedback on the accessibility of our website.
Please let us know if you encounter any accessibility barriers while using our website, so we can improve it in the future.
Phone: (775) 636-9550